Want to be part of the La Fille Colette team? Here are all of our open career opportunities.
Have a question? Get in touch with the contact form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fashion Media Internship
We are looking for a fashion media intern to work directly with our founder and assist with our public relations and press outreach. Our intern’s role will be to serve as a liaison between the company and media outlets, which could include print and online magazines, television shows, blogs, newspapers, and other types of publications. Our intern will research press opportunities, target potential media partners, pitch our brand to editors and writers, and consistently follow up with leads.
La Fille Colette is a line of dresses, based in Boston and made locally. The collection was created for a feminine and strong woman who seeks versatile, polished pieces to take her from day to night. Our mission is to produce exciting and elevated garments that retain an easy-to-wear accessibility. La Fille Colette is very proud to be made in the United States and prioritizes socially and environmentally responsible practices. Our garments are produced ethically on Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
Because we are a small, agile company, there is ample opportunity for our intern to experience and learn from the day-to-day operations of a fashion company first-hand. In addition to media outreach, and depending on an individual’s preferences and interests, an intern may work within a variety of different roles.
Additional areas an intern could elect to work in include the following:
- Social media and blog content creation
- Paid online advertising
- Assistance with or hosting in-person events such as trunk shows, popup shops, and fashion shows (events also present the opportunity for an intern to earn a commission on sales)
- Marketing campaign ideation and execution
- Email newsletter communication
- Retail store research and communication with buyers and boutique owners to expand wholesale partnerships
- Brainstorming and providing feedback on product designs, model fittings, photo shoots, general branding and other creative aspects
This position is completely remote, with flexible hours, with the exception of the occasional and optional in-person event. Our intern will communicate with Colette over phone and email, and will set up a schedule to be available during certain hours on a weekly basis.
The time commitment is 5-10 hours per week. Our intern may start immediately upon being selected. The duration of the internship is 10 weeks, with the option for the intern to continue their work if mutually agreeable to them and the company.
This position is unpaid, with the option for course credit if arranged by the student. Interns will have the opportunity to earn a commission on sales from in-person shopping events. Perks also include a deep discount on all La Fille Colette products.
Our ideal candidate has a demonstrated interest in and love of fashion, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a strong attention to detail. He or she should be highly organized, effective at executing tasks on time, and self-sufficient while working unsupervised. He or she should come across as warm and professional in all communication. Applicants should also consistently keep abreast of the news, both in terms of fashion and current events, and stay on top of trends and other cultural movements.
Please write a few sentences in answer to each question, and send them via the contact box below or email to email@example.com. Please include your full name, current education level, school name, GPA, and city you currently live in.
- What do you think you will bring to this role?
- Why do you want to work for a small fashion company in Boston?
- What are some of your career goals and how do you think this internship will help you get closer to achieving them?
- Please tell us about any work or school experience you have had that you think will be relevant to this internship.
- Optional: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject internship application.
We will get back to you within one week of your application submission with our answer or with the next steps for the interview process.
Thank you for applying to intern with La Fille Colette!